Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pregnancy Scrapbook

I think it's important to remember these feelings and experiences so I have decided to document my pregnancy...or as much as I remember. Way back in March of this year, I peed on a stick and saw two lines, although one was faded. I got another one and it also came out positive. I was in total disbelief after trying to get pregnant for nearly a year so I made a doctor's appointment. That test was also positive. I couldn't come to terms with it then but I was so, so happy and overjoyed. It was the blessing I had always hoped and prayed for.

I was immediately very, very hungry. I found myself waking up in the middle of the night to eat cups of yogurt, although I had never woken up to eat before. And in the mornings, I felt an insatiable hunger and pains if I didn't eat asap. I found myself very tired and exhausted. I could sleep all night long and sleep all afternoon with no problem. In the first trimester, I only got sick a handful of times, luckily. And it was rarely in the morning. I was very moody and hard to tolerate due to my changing hormones.

The second trimester brought a very exciting time! We learned the sex of the baby at around 20 weeks and it was a boy! I thought I was having a girl but Momma knew all along that it was a boy. Either way, I was so happy that the baby was healthy and growuing strong. The little popcorn flutters I was feeling soon became strong movements in my abdomen. Although, I spent countless time worrying that he just wasn't moving or kicking enough. Looking back, he really wasn't that active in the second trimester. I guess some babies are more laid back than others. I ate whatever I wanted...pickles, cheese, hamburgers, eggrolls, whatever. I actually drove all the way to town a few times because I had to have an Arby's roast beef sandwich or a BK whopper. I always took my prenatal vitamins and went to every single doctor's appointment.

The third trimester has been the most eventful...the baby shower, lots and lots of movement inside of me, the 3D ultrasound that showed him blinking and swallowing, the hiccups he gets almost every day, sleepless nights because of anticipation and bathroom trips every two or three hours, packing the diaper bag for him, organizing the nursery, dreaming of him and the day I get to finally hold him. I will be 34 weeks along tomorrow and I am nervous, excited, a little scared, very hopeful and eager to see him. I am tired of being pregnant but I am trying to enjoy these last few weeks because I am sure I will miss them. Please let his birth go well Lord and please keep him safe and healthy always.  

No comments:

Post a Comment