Sunday, December 19, 2010
Sleep...what is that again?
I never truly realized how much I would miss sleep...good ole non-interrupted 8-9 hour straight sleep. It seems like such a luxury now when I am awaking to breastfeed every 2-3 hours at night. Not that I really mind though. Having Caden in our lives is such an extreme blessing! He went to his 2-week check-up on Friday and weighs in at 8 lbs and 14 oz now! During the week, while Brandon works, Caden and I play together, watch Sesame Street, nap occasionally and spend a lot of time getting to know one another as Mom and Son. I really feel that breastfeeding is benefiting him and me. My clothes are already starting to fit again and my incision is healing slowly but surely. I never knew love until I looked into my son's beautiful blue eyes and I get lost in them every time I feed him. I love the closeness breastfeeding brings to us. Brandon is great with him too and I look forward to him arriving home every day to help me. The weekends are the best because Brandon and Caden hang out for a couple of hours while I nap! So, I do get bits and pieces of slumber. I love you Caden and are so happy you are ours! He is crying now so...I gotta go :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment